UND’s live television show, Studio One, received four Mark of Excellence Awards in the 2011 Region 6 Society of Professional Journalists contest.
“I’m very proud of all the students. They work hard, they’re talented and it’s nice that awards like this one give them recognition,” said Studio One News Director, Stephanie Flyger. Mark of Excellence Awards are given to exceptional student journalists. Studio One students competed with entries from SPJ chapters in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin. Below is a complete list of awards from the competition.
Award winners follow.
- 3rd, Television Feature Photography, Dylan Reichstadt, Cottage Grove, Minn., “Cowboy Chiropractor,” http://youtu.be/tJV1PviogHY.
- 1st, Television Sports Reporting, David Folske, Bowman, N.D., “Sports Rivalries,” http://youtu.be/ueomLQ4m5s4.
- 2nd, Television Feature Reporting, Julie Bech, Nosodden, Norway, “Deputy Overcomes Challenges,” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjTJ4YfmBXg.
- 2nd, Television General News Reporting, Stephanie Scheurer, Beulah, N.D., “No TV For Tots,” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK9FWpSL1SI.
Studio One is an award-winning news and information program produced at the Television Center. The program airs live on UND Channel 3 on Thursdays at 5 p.m. Re-broadcasts can be seen at 7 a.m., noon, 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. daily and on Saturdays at 10 a.m. Prairie Public Television airs Studio One on Saturday at 6 a.m. The program can also be seen by viewers in Bismarck-Mandan, Dickinson, Fargo, Jamestown, Minot and Ray, N.D.; Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minn.; Denver and Colorado Springs, Colo.; Winnipeg and Brandon, Manitoba; and online at www.studio1.und.edu.
– Suzanne Irwin, Studio One, 777-3818, email@example.com.